The quick pickle/refrigerator pickle. #preserve #featherbedfresh • 1 cup water
• 1/3 cup vinegar (white, apple cider, and rice wine are all good)
• 3 tbs - 1/3 cup sugar (totally optional)
• 1 to 2 teaspoons salt
• thinly sliced cucumbers (about 2 cups)
• scallions (about 1/2 cup)
• additional vegetables as you like (carrots, whole cherry tomatoes, blanched green beans etc.)
• 2-4 sprigs of dill (and/or other herbs and peppers to your liking)
1. In a small bowl add the water, vinegar, sugar, and salt. Stir to combine and until the sugar and salt have dissolved. Add the cucumber and scallion. Taste and adjust the ingredients to your liking.
2. All the cucumbers should be covered in the brine.
3. Add herbs and pepper
4. Let the mixture rest in the fridge until you are ready to eat. The flavors develop over time, so an overnight soak is great.
5. You can leave this in the bowl for fresh eating or store up to 2 months